Our 'Going Green' project is going extremely well. This is not merely an inisiative to ensure that we take the necessary measures in ensuring a sustainable planet, but this project also creates jobs and an awareness that a Creator crafted our planet with the utmost care and precission. Practically speaking what has been accomplished with the project?
- The past three years we have been working on proclaiming our area a Nature Reserve (Malmani Nature Reserve Project).
- A Nature Reserve will give us the necessary protection under NEM:PAA (National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act). This legislation will assist us in engaging with individuals, industry and corporate to concerve and protect the environment.
- We intend submitting our application by mid-December 2012.
Apart from applying for nature reserve status, we are also hard at work:
- collecting litter
- prevent veld fires and the cutting down of indigenous trees
- reporting on all forms of biodiversity (from the smallest insects to Eland)
- removal of invader trees, shrubs and weeds
- trimming of indigenous trees and providing fire wood for the local community
Our objective for the remainder of 2013:
- To be proclaimed a Nature Reserve
- Finalise our Management Plan for the area
- Implementing our management plan
For any contributions via EFT please download our banking details